Thursday 26 November 2015

PRACTICE PHOTOSHOOT







As we are now at the stage of starting our photoshoot for our music magazine, as a class we went out to Brick Lane to do a practice session on how we may take our photos by experimenting with different camera angles, a range of backgrounds, e.g: graffiti walls or just an ordinary plain background. We chose to go to Brick Lane because it is known for it's vibrant art and fashion student area, with many exhibition space. This was a bonus for me as I am basing my music magazine cover on the indie pop genre, and because Brick Lane is full of bright colours it gave me a sense of the indie theme. As indie in general is known for it's bright and crazy colours. 

By doing this photoshoot session it gave me a clearer idea on what my front cover for the music magazine will look like. For example, if I use an image where the background is a graffitied wall I will have to think very thoroughly whether it fits my colour scheme or not as I would not like it to clash. As my colour scheme is black, grey, dark maroon and lilac I would not be able to use a bright yellow background as there will be too much of a colour clash and will look very messy and unprofessional. 

By experimenting with the models and backgrounds it gave me ideas on what to change and what to make even better when doing the actual photoshoot for the magazine. For example, if my model is wearing dark colours I will place them in front of a colourful background in order for them to stand out. However, during this photoshoot session it helped me understand some of the barriers and challenges I had faced. For example, due to the fact that I did not have any props it limited on what the models can do. Also, there was no lighting which would of had a massive impact on the image as it would have created the sense of mystery; which is what the whole indie genre is all about. Therefore, when doing the photoshoot for the magazine I will use lighting and experiment with it so see the end result. will. When doing the photoshoot for my music magazine I will experiment more with different camera angles as during this session I had only used one close up. Another aspect that I will improve is to persuade the model(s) to come out of their comfort zone to get a range of end results of my photos.

4 comments:

  1. i like the photos you've taken:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! these pictures are fabulous you take better pictures then me i will hire you for my wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Thamina, your photo-shoot is looking very professional.Keep it up with your good work.

    ReplyDelete