Wednesday 30 March 2016

MAKING OF: DPS (PULL QUOTE)


When creating my pull quote I first started off with a very simple and plain design, just to experiment how it will look with the rest of the double page spread design. As I proceeded, I realised that pull quotes are typically meant to be big and bold, and something that captures the audiences attention which mine did not do at the time.

But, after making a few changes and looking at researched pull quotes on double page spreads, it broadened my ideas on how I should set it up. So, when creating my final quote I decided to use the rectangle tool to create a few boxes as a background for my quote so that it can stand out from the rest of the text. As mentioned previously, I used the colour of the models lipstick for the boxes (just like the quotations in my article text) so that it follows the colour scheme I had decided and created in my pitch.

I also used the same font as my article text which is CLASS A REGULAR in the colour white, just so it can match the colour of the artists clothing and the rest of the text on my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment